Mr Thilagarajah will be pleased to accept referrals from GP’s concerning all aspects of urology.
As well as general urology, his special interests include, urological stone disease, the GreenLight XPS Laser System, laparoscopy including laparoscopic nephrectomy and renal cancer.
Referrals may be sent by post or fax, using the details provided in the contacts. If you wish to speak to Mr Thilagarajah directly he can be contacted using one of the contact telephone numbers.
The Essex Urology service at Springfield Hospital has been restructured to enable more rapid access to patients and GP’s for urological referrals.
We actively encourage the use of the Choose & Book system which enables patients to choose a private provider for their NHS care at Springfield Hospital. The team at Essex Urology now sees over 60 NHS patients per week, including special interest clinics in BPH and Painful Bladder Disease.
Mr Thilagarajah welcomes any patient that wishes to be seen privately. A GP letter of referral will usually be required prior to any consultation and this can be sent by fax or post.
An appointment for consultation will be arranged to the convenience of the patient as far as is possible. You will receive a letter after the consultation for the patient file within a few days. This will outline any proposed management plan as discussed with the patient.
Patients presenting with any of the following require urgent review by a urologist:
- Macroscopic haematuria in adults.
- Microscopic haematuria in adults over 50 years.
- Swellings in the body of the testis.
- Solid renal masses found on imaging.
- An elevated age specific PSA in men with a ten-year life expectancy.
- A high PSA (> 20ng/ml) in men with a clinically malignant prostate or bone pain.
- Any suspected penile cancer.
- PSA testing of asymptomatic men or screening for prostate cancer is not national policy. It is recommended that a PSA test, except in men clinically suspicious of prostate cancer should only be performed after full counselling and provision of written information.